IPTV services have the best collection of TV channels and video-on-demand titles. These services are cost-efficient in comparison to your cable and satellite connection. These services are available for access on devices, including Android Box, iOS, Firestick, Roku, and Windows PC. In the same way, you can get access to this content using IPTV on Linux. If you have a Linux-based device, the following section will be very useful for you to access TV channels and on-demand content. Let’s discuss ways to access IPTV on Linux in the next section.
Table of Contents
- Methods to Stream IPTV on Linux
- Frequently Asked Questions
Methods to Stream IPTV on Linux
You can access IPTV on Linux in more than one way. Therefore, you can watch all your favorite content on Linux.
- IPTV With Hypnotix
- IPTV With VLC Media Player
How to Install IPTV With Hypnotix
1. Initially, open the terminal window by pressing Ctrl + Alt + T on the keyboard.
2. Follow these instructions depending on your device.
- Add the PPA to your device using add-apt-repository command.
- Also, use the Linux Mint tools using sudo add-apt-repository ppa:kelebek333/mint-tools
- Next, run the apt update command sudo apt update to refresh the software sources.
- It will also enable the repo on your device.
- To install the Hypnotix app, use the apt install command sudo apt install hynotix.
- You need to download a DEB package on your device using the wget command, https://github.com/linuxmint/hypnotix/releases/download/1.1/hypnotix_1.1_all.deb
- You then need to install it using the apt-get install command, sudo apt-get install ./hypnotix_1.1_all.deb.
Add Trizen AUR helper, enter the following commands in the terminal window
- sudo pacman -S git base-devel
- git clone https://aur.archlinux.org/trizen.git
- cd trizen/
- makepkg –sri
Further, install the Hypnotix TV tool on your device using the trizen -S command, trizen -S hypnotix.
3. Once done, open the Hypnotix app from the app menu.
4. Choose any of the options from TV Channels, Movies, or Series.
5. Next, click on the TV Channels box on your screen.
6. From the list of countries available, choose any one you want.
7. Now, you can see the list of TV channels from that particular country to watch.
8. Choose any channel and start streaming it on Linux.
How to Install IPTV With VLC Media Player
1. You can install VLC Media Player on Linux using Snapd depending on your device.
Use the apt command/apt-get command
- $ sudo apt install snapd
Run the yaourt command,
- $ sudo yaourt -S snapd
- $ sudo systemct1 enable –now snapd.sock
Run the following command to get snapd on Fedora Linux.
- snapd command$ sudo dnf install snapd
- $ sudo ln -s /var/lib/snapd/snap /snap
You need to run the following zypper command to install the snapd on Linux.
### Tumbleweed version ###
- $ sudo zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/snappy/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/ snappy
### Leap version ##
- $ sudo zypper addrepo http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/system:/snappy/openSUSE_Leap_42.3/ snappy
Next, install the following code
- $ sudo zypper install snapd
- $ sudo systemctl enable –now snapd,socket
2. You then need to install VLC Media Player with a snap using the snap command
- $ snap find vlc
3. You then need to install VLC on Linux with the snap command
- $ sudo snap install vlc
4. Run VLC Media Player with the command
- $ vlc &
5. Next, click on the Help option followed by the About option.
6. Open VLC on your device and select the Media tab.
7. Next, choose the Open Network Stream option in the drop-down menu.
8. Select the Network option and paste the channel playlist URL in the respective field.
9. Click on the Play button and wait for the channel playlist to load.
10. You can then access IPTV on Linux with VLC Media Player.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can access channels from Hypnotix with a dedicated TV channel section with channels from different countries.