Internet Protocol Television or IPTV, is a very useful broadcasting technology. If you want to install and enjoy this IPTV service on your LG Smart TV, the process isn’t complicated. There are possibly different ways in which LG TV users can get access to live telecasts of TV channels and VOD content over the internet. Besides, LG TV users can avail many advantages compared to the costly cable/satellite connections while streaming over IPTV.
Table of Contents
- Key Features of LG Smart TV
- How to Watch IPTV on LG Smart TV
- Frequently Asked Questions
Key Features of LG Smart TV
|It has an exclusive Sports mode||Voice search support|
|Casting & Airplay options are inbuilt||Faster remote pairing with Magic tap feature|
|Dolby Atmos audio||Special mode for Gaming|
How to Watch IPTV on LG Smart TV
As IPTVs are one of the most efficient and affordable ways to get entertainment, users of LG TV might be excited to use the IPTV service providers. If you have an LG TV, there is more than one way to access content from your IPTV provider on it. The methods include:
Installing IPTV App on LG TV
You can install an IPTV player application on your LG TV to access the content from your IPTV Service Provider. For instance, you can install the Smart IPTV application already available in the LG Content Store to access the content.
1. Initially turn on your LG Smart TV and connect it to the internet.
2. Next, open the LG Content Store of your LG Smart TV.
3. Click on the Search icon that you can see in the top right corner of the Content Store.
4. Type in and then search for the Smart IPTV app.
5. When you get the search suggestions on your screen, select the app’s logo and click on the Install button to start downloading it to your device.
6. Within a few minutes, the IPTV app is available on your TV, and you can open it.
7. When you open the app, it gives you the Mac address on your screen that you need to copy down.
8. Next, on your computer or smartphone, open a web browser and go to the activation website of Smart IPTV.
9. Then, type the Mac address from the Smart IPTV application.
10. Further, click the Pay with PayPal button and proceed to make the payment.
11. Select the My List tab. Enter the Mac address and paste the M3U URL from your provider in the necessary fields.
12. Click on the Send button after entering the necessary details.
13. On your LG TV, restart the Smart IPTV application to access the playlist of channels from your provider.
Casting IPTV to LG TV from Android
If you have a subscription to an IPTV provider and a compatible media or IPTV player app on your Android device, you can cast IPTV onto your LG TV. In this way, you can enjoy watching TV channels from your provider on your television. The only requirement is that you should have an active subscription to an IPTV provider.
1. To make the casting possible, connect your Android device to the same Wi-Fi network as your LG TV.
2. Then open the Google Play Store app on your Android device and download the Smart IPTV Xtream Player app.
3. When you get the app icon, select it and then click on the Install button to download the app.
4. When the download is over, open the app and sign in to it using the M3U URL of your IPTV provider.
5. Now, grab the remote of your LG Smart TV and press the Cable button.
6. On the menu that appears on your screen, select the Screen Share option.
7. Now, the LG TV iScreen Share page appears.
8. On your Android device, launch the Notification Panel and tap the Cast icon.
9. When you get a list of devices on your screen, select your LG Smart TV.
10. This will start to mirror the screen of your Android device on your TV.
11. Open the Smart IPTV Xtream Player app and play any TV channel to watch it on your TV.
AirPlay IPTV to LG TV from iOS Device
Another useful method to access IPTV on LG TV is by using the AirPlay feature. For this, you need to be a valid subscriber of an IPTV provider.
1. Initially, connect both your LG TV and your iPhone to the same Wi-Fi network.
2. Go to the home screen of your LG TV and select Home Dashboard.
3. Select the AirPlay option followed by Airplay Settings.
4. Next, select the AirPlay option to turn it on.
5. Click on the Require Code option and choose First Time Only.
6. Enter the code for the initial setup and then click Every Time.
7. Alternatively, you can select Use Password instead to add a specific password for the connection.
8. On your iPhone, open the App Store and search for the Smarters Player Lite application.
9. Select the app icon and then select the Get button to install the app on your device.
10. Open the app after installing it and then sign in to your IPTV provider with the necessary details.
11. Now, launch the Control Centre of your iOS device and tap the Screen Mirroring icon.
12. If you get a list on your screen, choose your LG Smart TV and wait for the connection to be established.
13. When the screen of your iOS device starts to mirror your TV, open the IPTV player app.
14. Play any channel from the subscription and enjoy watching it on your TV.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the IPTV Player applications themselves come with a recording feature. So download such IPTV players to record IPTV content you play on LG Smart TV. Such IPTV players are MyIPTV Player, iMPlayer IPTV, and Pixel IPTV Player.
Yes, you can download the IPTV Smarters Pro app from LG Content Store on your LG Smart TV.